Flash Frog is open year round.
- Flash Frog publishes flash fiction only (no poetry or CNF please).
- 1,000 words maximum.
- Please email stories to email@example.com.
- Please attach the story as .doc, .docx, or .rtf.
- Please use this format as the subject: SUBMISSION — Story Title
- Cover letters are okay, but please do not explain or set up your story. Let it speak for itself. Please do include a third-person bio (100 words max) in the body of the email.
- Simultaneous submissions are okay, but please email to withdraw your piece as soon as it has been accepted elsewhere. We’d love to congratulate you!
- Multiple submissions are not okay. Please send only one story at a time and wait until you hear back before sending another.
- All submissions should be the author’s original work and not previously published elsewhere (this includes blogs, social media, etc.)
- Publication rights: We ask for the right to display the work for the duration of the journal. Copyright remains with the writer in all cases. If your work is subsequently reprinted elsewhere, please acknowledge Flash Frog as the site of first publication.
- Response time: 1-3 months, but most likely much sooner. Please do not inquire about your submission before 3 months have passed.
- Pay: Not yet, but we’re working on it. Until then, the pay is joining the Flash Frog family. We love to promote our authors as much as we can, which means a lot of Twitter love. (To help make us a paying market, please consider a small donation. Every dollar helps!)
** IMPORTANT: Because we commission artwork for each accepted story, it is imperative that once your story is accepted by Flash Frog you do not rescind it, as an artist may have already begun working on a piece for your story **
Flash Frog is always looking for new artists to help create original artwork to accompany each story.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your work or include a couple samples in the email.
- Open to all mediums.
- Please indicate your level of availability and interest. Generally we are looking for a commitment anywhere between 2-6 pieces.
- Please be aware that deadlines are a real thing.
- We would ask for the rights to use the art for the duration of the journal. Copyright remains with the artist.
- Pay: Not yet, but we’re working on it. Until then, the pay is joining the Flash Frog family. We love to promote our artists as much as we can, which means a lot of Twitter love.